On Some Good things…

It’s about time that in this world of such negativity around us that we write down and share the positive things that we are experiencing. So, without further ado, here are some of mine:

1.

Happy (late) birthday to my handsome husband, Adam! I can hardly believe that I've been lucky enough to be married to him for nearly 5 years. I also can't believe that he is going to be twenty nine next year. 

I can't even express how thankful I am to have been the girl that was meant to be with Adam. I can honestly say I've never known anyone else quite like him. He is incredibly motivated, patient, hilarious, and has more faith than most people I've ever met. He works incredibly hard, never complains,  reminds me daily of how beautiful I am. What girl doesn’t want that!?

As he turns 28, I have to appreciate everything that has helped make him who he is today. Most of all, his family. It's the most amazing feeling to have this whole other family that loves you to bits and pieces and truly welcomes you with open hearts and arms. Every time we get together with family, I so badly wish I could have known his mother.  I feel like I know her through spending time with the family.  I imagine her to be a great mix of Rach, Adam, Jason, Nan, Nik and App!

Adam is truly incredible.  I still look at him and see this man that I'm going to grow old with. I'm so excited to see where this next year takes him! He is one of the most driven, passionate people I've ever met. And I'm so thankful to have the chance to be a part of his journey

2. Speaking of family, Adam’s grandfather, Ap, just had knee replacement surgery.  We went this past weekend to visit and he is already walking around!! Not even a week after the surgery.  He is ready to go in for his second!  We knew that this would be a wonderful thing for him and we are so thrilled that his recovery is going so well!

 

2.1  On the same note, we are very happy to know that Adam’s grandmother, Nik,  is feeling better too.  She was sick for a long time and they didn’t know what was making her sick.  Luckily she is back to her normal perky self! 

 

 

2.2 During all of this, we have had the pleasure of visiting some with Adam’s aunt from Alaska.    It is always such a blast getting to hear her stories about her traveling, hunting and hiking adventures!  We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving when everyone will be down here to celebrate!

 

 

3.  I get to go here in just a few weeks and I am SO excited!  We are visiting Arkansas God’s Country for our friends wedding!  Should be a fabulous trip!

 

 

4.  I get to see this!  Probably one of the biggest excitements:) AIDEN!!  Lets be honest, the truth is, I don’t see this boy enough.  I can’t wait to hold him and see him laugh.

20038_530849726553_82201307_31469805_6907364_n

5.  And of course I get to see my mom and dad!  Mom is taking some days off work to come down to the lake!  I am so excited for some time at the lake with everyone…we always tend to have such a relaxing time.

 

 

 

6.  Adam and I FINISHED THE TRIATHLON!!  We had such a blast and plan to do more next spring.  We just have to keep up our training!  We both shaved off time from our run through.  This was our only goal.  My time was 1 hour 53 min and 45 sec.37930_10150264344945277_795145276_14918207_7315043_nuntitled untitled1

6.  A good thing about the house….hmm…..well not much has changed since last time.  So at least we haven’t gone backwards right?  We are trying to save up money to finish the rest of the floors…have we decided what floors we want?  Of course not!  It will all fall into place.  Will update with more pictures as some things get going!

Hope this finds you all doing well!

4 comments:

christschild October 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

What a great post. I love family as well and all the joy they bring. Thank you for the postive post.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Ashley Fisher :) October 19, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

What a great post! You are awesome for doing a triathlon!!!

Ashley Scott October 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

You are a lucky girl! Can't wait for you to be in God's country in a few weeks!

Anonymous October 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Enjoyed your post. Just remember that all ups and downs in life make you a better person. You may never understand why things happen the way they do but everything has a season and a reason.