I want...(not a list of "resolutions")

In 2009, instead of making a New Year's resolution, I want to think positively about the year to come and what I can achieve. Here are some things that I want in random order...



I want to capture every moment in a photo. I want to inspire someone. I want the days to always last as long as they do in the summer. I want everyone to be happy and to be themselves.



I want a day just to go shopping by myself. I want to save enough money to buy a house. I want to learn from brilliant people. I want to be able to hold onto moments of pure joy forever.



I want to be a positive thinker. I want to be the true to myself. I want an adventure. I want to live life without looking at the time. I want a rock fireplace in every room. I want to feel comfortable in my abilities. I want to be able to live in the moment, every moment. I want to never have cable again… (we are already on the road for that one).



I want to play soccer again.I want to not worry about my weight. I want good health for all my family and friends. I want to swim. I want to enjoy nature. I want to sing without fear of rejection. I want to do something that matters. I want to be someone who matters. I want to stop caring so much about what people think.



I want things to be simple. I want to always feel safe. I want to discover my passions. I want to continue to grow my hair out. I want to blog more often. I want to know that people actually read what I write.



I want to cook dinner every night. I want to print pictures that I take, not just let them sit on my camera. I want to work with special needs children. I want to go to the farmers market. I want to make people laugh. I want to be submerged in a pile of books. I want to sell things online. I want to always remember my husband's smile and laugh.





I want to experience new things and remember them all in perfect detail. I want to ride bikes. I want to believe that the best is yet to come. I want to be on stage. I want to travel. I want to surf. I want to be able to appreciate where I am at each stage of life. I want to celebrate things more often. I want to always find a reason to smile.



I want to feel healthy. I want to have the option of never having to work again. I want to spend an entire day lying on the beach watching the sky. I want to learn another language. I want to always remember my loved ones voices and smiles. I want to live simply.



What are some things that you want? I am beginning to wonder if people are even reading the blog anymore! I LOVE comments!(hint, hint)



Wishing you ALL a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2009!

10 comments:

Charity January 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

I read your writing honey :)

I want a new car, a new job, and a new hair-style!

Roy & Rachel January 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

I read each time you update. You should read mine too - rrpedersen.blogspot.com

The Proctors January 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I love reading your blog! This is a great list! One of the things on my want list is to spend more quality time with my kids! They are growing up too fast!

Melissa Conaway January 2, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

I read your blog girly!

I also want some of the things you want...like printing my photos out...haven't done that in years, wanting to feel healthy and not worry about my weight, lay on the beach and not ever have to work! Additionally I WANT TO Graduate with my Masters with all A's, finally get a job and have a career I have been waiting on for some time, have a few baby boys, go on some fabulous exotic vacations, pride myself in finding and cooking really awesome & healthy meals, stop watching TV, sell my house and buy another to feel settled. I want most of all to love and enjoy the life that God has given me and to share his love with all who don't know Him!

I love & miss you Tracy!!!

Kelli Coop January 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

I just read your wish list, so that's one thing you can knock off (to know people read what you write). I loved it, and I actually could cut and paste most of your desires onto a list of my own, as I yearn for many of the same things you do! Oh, in addition, you do inspire me. You inspired me just by sharing those thoughts, actually! Thank you for your openness and honesty. Love you. :)

The Nelson Family January 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

What a great list - How insightful and inspiring! I hope to hear when those things happen. You can check them off your list. :) Have a very happy new year!

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

This year-

I will say "no" instead of "yes" if there's something I really don't want to do.

I will choose to do those things that really energize me. Like preschool music. :)

I will laugh. A lot. At silly things.

I won't waste energy on negative people or negative thoughts.

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Tracy, I love your list, and I check up on the Purdy's via your fun blog often! If you want to do that whole traveling thing, I know someone who loves visitors and lives about 20 minutes from some famous wall...;-) Hugs & Happy New Year!
Amy

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Well, I've really tried to leave a comment but can't get it figured out. I guess it is the age! Daddy and I always read your blog and enjoy your words of inspiration, yes words of inspiration for us...so you do matter and make a difference in this life.

It seems to me that you need to learn that second language, get back on that stage and sing your heart out!

As far as 2009, I want to be willing to do whatever and go wherever your dad and I are supposed to go and do.

I want to spend time with my precious little love job called Charlie, Charles or Chuck!

I want to be able to extend my services to mom as long as she is here with us on this earth and then be able to continue to assist dad, your peepaw, in knowing how much I appreciate and respect him as a father.

I want to see your dad finish the screened porch at Lakeside, get one of those golf cart things so we can pull leaves with it, bring the other canoe down so we can watch each other in the lake and then build the best and coolest boat dock!

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness January 4, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

This is a great list and I never miss a post! I'll have to think of the things that I want...somehow I think I've neglected thinking about what I want lately.