Christmas Post!

I don't know if I will be able to post before Christmas, as we are leaving today to head up to the Cabin in Arkansas, so I will leave you with a little Christmas Post!

Egg nog or hot chocolate? I would have to say Hot Chocolate, just the simple name of EGG NOG creeps me out a bit….drinking eggs and nog? Whatever that is anyway!
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa has always wrapped the presents. When we were little, he would sit certain things under the tree and sometimes even hide things outside! Like the MOPED!
Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white on the tree, and white outside. Since being married, I don’t believe that we have put Christmas lights outside, guess we will have to wait for children to do this!
Do you hang mistletoe? You know, I never have, actually!
When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving….. I like them up as soon as possible so we can enjoy them that much longer! Our house feels so cozy and cheerful when it's decorated for Christmas... part of me never wants to put it all away.
Favorite holiday memory as a child? There are so many... but one of my favorites is when Julie and I would snuggle up in the same bed together and talk about what we think Santa is going to bring us. There was also that time when we lived at Lakeside and Santa was putting the Drum Set together for Julie and was a little louder than usual….Julie said “Tracy, I think I hear Santa!” I yelled at her to “Go back to sleep or he will leave without leaving the PRESENTS!”
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Honestly, my parents have never told us any different…..He is Real correct? That’s the truth right?
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well this year is a bit different, after the moves, most of our ornaments were broken, but we do have all silver balls and silver snowflakes that my sweet Grandmother made for us . And of course, all of our special "sentimental" ornaments are in there too, even if they don't match. :)
Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it, especially at Christmas-time. Although, I have to say that I'm kind of glad in some ways that we live in a place where we don't have to deal with it all winter long. I do wish it snowed here occasionally though... it's SO beautiful! I DO love the fact that I can go home to visit Arkansas and possibly see a bit of snow or ice! But then we don’t have to deal with it for too long! I can’t imagine living way up north dealing with it all winter!
Do you remember your favorite gift? Since I have been married?? I would have to say the piano that Adam surprised me with was a great gift! LOVE IT! As a child, again…I go back to the moped. What a FUN time we had in the woods on that present!
What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating Christ's birth as we worship and sing joyful Christmas songs. The wonderful time we get to spend with our family. I look forward to teaching my kids about the true meaning of it all and why we celebrate Christmas, as well as passing on meaningful traditions to them, getting to see things through their eyes. YIPPY! I love it!
What is your favorite holiday dessert? ummm, I don't think I can pick just one... I kind of love everything when it comes to holiday desserts...
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Again, I don't know if I can pick just one! I love that Grandmother and Peepaw have always been there on Christmas morning to open presents with. I loved going to Cabot to see all of our cousins growing up….I love going to see a movie the day after Christmas…..I love that I make Julie distribute the gifts to everyone and we don’t open presents until everyone has ALL of their presents in front of them…..so many more!
What tops your tree? This year it is a silver lit up Star!
Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. It's so fun to try to find that perfect gift for the someone’s.
What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night... …preferably by David Phelps, so beautiful and so powerful. And I LOVE singing it. But I love almost all Christmas music. Joy to the World. Silent Night. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. AH, I need to go sing some carols RIGHT NOW….I have only been listening to them since Thanksgiving!
Candy canes? Love them! Also, it's so fun to see kids eating them and getting all sticky!
Favorite Christmas movie? Elf is definitely up there. I can't help it, it's so funny. But my all time favorite has to be Meet me In St. Louis with Judy Garland….I love it. Sigh. I love Christmas movies too.
What do you leave for Santa? As kids, we used to leave out cookies and milk…..we always had to check to see if he remembered to eat!

I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

3 comments:

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness December 19, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

love the christmas survey! i really need to make you try egg nog-it's the best. can't wait to see you on sunday! woo hoo!

Charity December 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Love the survey too! Ashley does love egg-nog...She made me drink it once and I almost threw up. See you soon!

The Nelson Family January 2, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

What fun memories!! Hope this year's was just as great! It's hard for me to pass up hot chocolate, too.
What a beautiful picture of you and Adam! Definitely a framer!