My Thanksgiving List

My Husband. Being happily married for nearly three years. Please excuse my sappiness, but let's be real, people. My husband is incredible. I am SO very lucky that he chose me! I look forward to all we have yet to experience in life. Right from the beginning we both knew that we had found what we were looking for. I love that we are constantly trying our best to learn more about each other and above all, just love each other. Pure and simple.

My family. During the holidays I'm always brought back to the days when Julie and I were young and living at home. I miss those days very much. If I could relive anything, it would be those care-free moments when I was young, and imagination ruled. Whether it be sitting at the “kids” table at Thanksgiving, or Grandmother and Peepaw being there every Christmas morning for us to open presents with. I've always been so close to my mom dad and Julie, it's difficult to be away from them - especially this time of year. Still, it's pretty crazy to see where we all are today and how things have ended up for each of us.

My dad and Mom. For helping to shape Julie and I into the people that we are today. I am so eager for them to purchase their first RV and travel the country and to spend the rest of their lives at our cabin on the lake where I know they love to be, just like they have always talked about. My parents are the people I would love to emulate more than anyone. They have so much love and grace I know will always be there for us.

My younger sister. Julie, how do I explain this girl?. She just turned twenty-one, and is married, in nursing school and has accomplished so much more in just her short years! I'm so proud of her for deciding to go to school, and continue her dream in the nursing field. She has a great husband who shares my husband's name (odd, no?). I give this one my stamp of approval. This girl so full of energy and talent - she can do it all, and is good at everything she tries. She's always been so beyond her years, and brings a smile to my face whenever I think of her. Julie is always one to make me laugh and show me so much grace, even when I am tough on her.

My family-in-law. There's no way I could have chosen a more amazing family to become a part of. From the beginning they welcomed me with open arms, and I didn't even feel like I had to work at belonging. Right away, I felt like I'd known them forever. I only wish that I could spend more time with ALL of them!

My Dearest Friends. (Ashley, Heather, Christin, Melissa....and so many more)They each are so different, but truly complete me. They each offer so much to my life, things that I couldn't live without. I'm thankful for their love and memories.

When I sat down to write this, I realized that when it comes down to it...this is it. These are the things that matter to me at the end of the day. These are the people that made me who I am, who continue to challend and inspire me, and who will be there for me through it all. These are the things I am truly thanksful for.

I want to wish everyone a lovely holiday with their friends and families! YEAH!, now go eat some dressing (it’s NOT called Stuffing Adam!)

5 comments:

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness November 26, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

All great things to be thankful for! We truly are blessed people! Happy Thanksgiving.

Melissa Conaway November 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

I love you Trace and I miss you so much! I am so thankful for you! And I have to agree with the holidays reminding you of living at home! They do the same to me and I miss growing up, it happened way too fast!

Anonymous December 1, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Yea - I got a shout out on your blog! I also happen to be thankful for you.

Anonymous December 1, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Now THAT is a great Thanksgiving list! :)

Jennifer Mills December 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Hey girl, I did design my header on scrapblog, but once I saved it to JPEG I resized it in Photoshop! Hope that helps! :-)