Christmas Post!

I did a similar post this time last year, but I find it fun to look back on how things have changed from year to year! Enjoy! Answer some of these for me! I would love to see what some of your answers are!

Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, don't want to get sick!

When do you put up the tree? Here's the story this year. I wanted Adam to help me get down the Christmas tree and other decorations. I set the tree up, put my few ornaments that weren't broken in our 4 moves over the years and go to plug in the lights. Oh what happens! Only less than half of the lights work. I threw a fit of course! “Our house is a disaster, I just want to have something normal at Christmas!(drama:) So I let it be, thinking we were going to have a dysfunctional tree for this year until lo and behold I come home from work the next evening and guess what had happened! Adam went and bought new ornaments and some strands of lights and decorated the tree himself. What can I say, I have a keeper:)

When do you take the tree down? Varies every year.

Favorite gift received as a child? Red moped I would have to say!

Hardest person to buy for? Dad and Father in Law! They never asks for anything, never buys themselves anything. So tricky to give them something that they would really want and could use!

Easiest person to buy for? Probably Adam.!

Favorite Christmas Movie? I have a few, I cannot choose just one. 1.Elf, 2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, 3. Meet me in St. Louis...ah love this:)

When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try not to wait until the last minute, that would give me way too much anxiety and yet, look what I have done this year!!! CRAZZY!

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? As in every good Holiday, turkey, and everything else that comes with it!

Lights on the tree? Yes...thanks to hubby:)

Favorite Christmas song? Probably O Holy Night by David Phelps....no other!

Travel at Christmas or stay home? These days it is ever changing. This year we are staying home for Christmas but will be traveling the day after to head up to Arkansas. Last Christmas we were in Arkansas for Christmas.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Who can't!


Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. It is a simple silver star that Adam and I bought our first Christmas for 1.99. Thank you Martha Stewart and Kmart.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning!

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic!!!! I think the crazy people stay inside all year long and then decide to come out the week before Christmas!

Favorite ornament, theme, or color? This year I have to say a big shout out to my husband for the Christmas ornaments. We have red and silver and I think my favorite ornaments have to be the snowflakes that my Grandmother made:)

Favorite for Christmas Dinner? I think now it is sweet potato casserole, YUM YUM YUM!

Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Sleeping with Julie in the same bed talking about what we think Santa is going to bring(even did this through high school and college:)

Favorite Christmas Memory? As a kid: Dad's t-shirts(inside-out mind you), floppy socked girls waiting at the top of the stairs until dad said everything was set, Grandmother and Pepaw always there on Christmas morning, making younger sister “have” to pass out gifts to everyone while I watched and opened presents ha, mom's breakfast casserole. As an adult: Actually thinking about Christmas gifts for everyone we buy for! It is fun to look at people's different personalities and pick things out that you think they might want or need. And of course, getting to see family and friends that I don't get to see that often.




2 comments:

Anonymous December 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I'm copying this! :)

Kristin Wood January 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

My sister and I did the same thing! This was the first year we didn't stay together on Christmas Eve night!